Dental implants are used for tooth-loss instead of traditional bridge and prosthesis implementations. They are artifial titanium teeth roots and provide not only better chewing and speaking abilities but also a natural aesthetic look. It can be used for one or more cases of teeth-loss.
What are advantages of Implants?
- The implants are used for the lost teeth without giving damage to the surrounding teeth.
- It is longer lasting than any other forms of prostheses.
- It is a convenient, solid, and dependable applications. They can be implemented in half an hour with local anesthesia.
- It takes away the negative psychological effects of loss of teeth.
What is the duration of the implant treatment?
It is ideal to wait for 3 to 6 months for the specifically made implant to hold on to the jaw. Depending on the latest studies, on special situations, immediate implamentations can also be applied.
Who are eligilible for an implant?
- Adults after puberty
- Individuals who do not have a general health concern
- In case of diabetes when the patient’s situation is under control and stabilized.
- When there is enough bone material in the area. (If not bone implants can be made)
- There is no elderly age limitation for implants.
What is important in a successful implant treatment?
- Proper case and implant selection.
- The sterilization of the room and equipment
- The general health of the patient.
- Houth hygene
- Proper 3-6 month dentist visits.